Monday, May 17, 2010

Are you scared?
















I’m scared all the time.

Scared of not being the husband I need to be, scared of not being the father I should be -- scared of not providing enough for my family.

I remember when my son was going through some anxiety issues, after seeing a real scary video game. The most important thing he needed to know was that his parents where there for him; that when he reached out his hand, we were there to grab it.

I have grown and stretched to places I never dreamed of and talked to people I never knew I would ever talk to. I’ve stared at opportunities that never seemed possible. The same thing I talk to people about every day, I’ll ask you. Do you want to be average or GREAT???

Average people have an easy life. They don't rock the boat. They don't shake up the water and, for the most part, things are smooth. Until one day when they are older they realize that they could have done more and should have done more, but by then it’s too late. If that’s what you want, then I’m sorry but I don't think I can be that way ever.

Being GREAT is hard. I‘d have to sayit’s harder than I ever imagined, but also the most rewarding time of my life. The reason it’s hard is because it requires us to do the things we don’t want to do - making the call we don’t want to make, asking the question we already know the answer to. Being Great means being scared and still doing it anyway.

It is so easy to tear someone down for doing something hard or different. People do it every day in every way. From being the Monday morning sports manager, saying how your team’s coach blew the game last night to watching a debate on TV saying how wrong both candidates are on their issues. The funny thing about both of those situations is that they both have the same thing in common: Those of you pointing the finger are pointing at the wrong person.

You see, until you have walked the walk, you can’t talk the talk. You want to be heard then stop being average and blaming others and start being great and do something about it. Like I told my son when he was scared: just grab my hand and I will be right there when you need me. Take the step and I am sure when you are scared, someone somewhere will grab your hand for you to. Being scared is normal and average at the same time. Being Great is being scared and still doing something about it. Question is what do you want to be average or GREAT???

Remember be positive, be real and live your life In The Zone.

No comments:

Post a Comment